Customer Service Center Supervisor
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Customer Service Center Supervisor will provide direct oversight of the Customer Service Center Representatives as they answer questions and handle complaints of customers to ensure that department performance requirements are met. They will coordinate with the Customer Service Center Coaches to develop and foster a highly effective team, ensuring that established goals and standards are met, manages daily workload to uphold productivity levels, quality outcomes, performance guarantees, timeliness, and customer satisfaction metrics. Works with other departments to address complex issues for an appropriate resolution. Assist in process improvement initiatives.
- High School diploma or GED
- Three years of experience in a Managed Care Customer Service Center. Individual should possess extensive knowledge of health insurance in programs.
- One year of experience as a lead or supervisor role.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and listening communication skills with a high level of comfort in recommending and implementing solutions.
- Demonstrates the ability to retain and motivate employees.
- Strong analytical, organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work efficiently, pay strict attention to detail and deliver high quality results in a deadline driven environment, while effectively managing associated stress.