Manager, Learning & Development - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The Manager, Learning and Development manages the design and delivery of highly complex training and staff development programs. Leads collaboration with departments to assess training needs and training program development. Ensures training programs are delivered efficiently and effectively meeting or exceeding desired performance objectives and outcomes. Collaborates across the organization to develop training programs, materials and promoting standardizations of curriculum. Responsible for partnering with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the design and approval of all content for accuracy. Monitors employee 30/60/90 post training performance and response to L&D training through evaluations and stakeholder follow-up. Has oversight and leads trainers, instructional designers, training supervisors and coordinators in content development to include the mode of training (e.g. ILT, vILT, self paced, e-learning).
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communication, Education or related field.
- Three years of related Learning & Development experience and one year related experience as a trainer. Contact Center experience is a plus.
- Three years supervisor/lead experience required.
- Must be action oriented, member focused, able to build effective teams, communicates effectively, develops talent, builds networks, ensures accountability, and manages vision and purpose.
- Proficient use of technology
- Writing /Composing: Correspondence/Reports
- Analytical, Design, Mathematics, Medical Terminology, Research
- Advanced Training Specialty: Adobe Captivate, Articulate, Blackboard, LMS systems preferred
- Bilingual Skills a Plus!
Please be advised: Effective Wednesday, September 1st, 2021, with the exception of those who receive an approved exemption, all new hires must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by the second Friday of employment.
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.