Chief of Staff
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The Chief of Staff will be responsible for managing the strategic and operational aspects for the Office of the President and CEO of Community Health Choice. The Chief of Staff will partner closely with the President and CEO to develop strategic plans that help to reach business goals and targets, improve profitability, analyze existing business strategies and practices to provide recommendations for improvements; oversee strategic administrative initiatives and manage the execution of projects and tasks across Community Health Choice, including the Board of Directors, special initiatives, external stakeholder requests and oversight of deadlines. Lead and support various initiatives to build and grow Community's market through improved employee engagement. Serve as a change agent that can collaborate and build relationships across all departments and matrixed reporting relationships to deliver positive results.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or other related field; Master's degree preferred
- Ten years of consulting and/or strategic project management experience with a focus on strategic planning and analysis, marketing/market research, competitive intelligence, and corporate business development.
- Five years in a managed care setting
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Demonstrate the ability obtain and filter information, identify key issues relevant to the achievement of long-term strategic goals.
- Proven ability to generate new outlooks of the business on the market, for example, through trend forecasting, experiential marketing, and innovation.
- Possess vast knowledge of the business's risk parameters in order to determine implications for the business and implement measures for risk mitigation.
- Strong PowerPoint, and digital and creative skills to create professional and polished end products and presentations required.
- Exposure to Board planning and preparation.
- Expertise in a broad range of communications mediums and ability to creatively transform information into meaningful messaging across a wide spectrum of end users.
- Ability to create strong, positive working relationships and positively influence all levels within the organization to drive change.
- Expert project management skills to manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Strong personal communication skills at all organizational levels, including high-level management.
- High-level of flexibility in fast-paced environments
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.