Communications Coord II - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 70 hospitals, Community serves over 260,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Excellent administrative and organization skills are required. This position is exposed to highly confidential and sensitive information and deals with a diverse group of internal and external contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload; recommends changes in office practices or procedures. Responsible for providing administrative support to the Health Program and Health Service Directors including, but not limited to, maintaining appointment calendar, answering telephones, preparing correspondence, filing and other clerical functions more specifically described in List of Typical Duties.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:
High School Diploma or GED and some college
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): Minimum 5 years experience in general clerical duties
3. Equipment Operated: Customary office equipment including but not limited to PC skills (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio and HCHD Report Xpress), copier, fax, telecommunication equipment, etc
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Bilingual Skills Required - Yes
Writing /Composing (Correspondence/Reports)
2. Other Skills:
Analytical, Dictation/Transcription, Medical Terms, Research, Statistical, Typing (wpm 55), P.C., MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access
3. Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
4. Other Requirements: Excellent organization, coordination, and multi-tasking skills and abilities. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and work independently. Strong attention to detail and deadlines
Bilingual (English/Spanish) required. Experience in medical translation preferred
Please be advised: Effective Wednesday, September 1st, 2021, with the exception of those who receive an approved exemption, all new hires must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by the second Friday of employment.