Compu & Tel Sup Tech II
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: The qualified candidate is required to respond to computer support request and performing assign projects. Projects and request involve computer and telephony setup | configuration, hardware | software trouble shooting, following inventory procedures, some end user training, and communication with vendors for product research and support. This candidate must be organized and demonstrate proficiency in Windows Operating Systems, Office Applications, and comfortable learning new technology skills as required. The IT Computer and Telecom Support Tech II is required to work with the entire IT department as well as assist the Network System team administer general admin tasks in Active Directory, Virtual Services, Fax and Unified Enterprise Services.
Preferred Certification: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician and Fundamental IP-PBX training is highly desirable.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- 20% Engage in providing professional technical assistance within areas of responsibility in support of Community Helpdesk services. Provide reliable technical expertise by providing accurate and quality support of computer and telecom equipment for the organization.
- 10% Manages IT support Service Desk queues daily and ensure that computer and telecom service requests are serviced within corporate SLA guidelines. Provide both remote and in person assistance to facility end users work-stations and remote assistance to work from home end users work-stations.
- 25% Install and support all CHC approved software as required on desktop and laptop computers. This includes Microsoft Office products and other software products supported by the IT department. Work with vendor support if issue requires vendor assistance.
- 10% Assist IT Telecom with telecommunication administrative tasks: This includes deploying and moving phones within the organization. Create and modify user accounts in Avaya, Microsoft Lync and Unified Messaging Systems. Provide training to CHC staff on the usage of phone devices and run basics reports. Mange day to day telephone and unified messaging system routine maintenance and system backup.
- 10% Coordinate resource allocation by supporting use of media collaboration tools including projectors, video/audio conferencing and wired/wireless access for quest meetings/presentations. Perform a routine check on all conference room media equipment.
- 10% Assist in routine administration of computer updates and system monitoring including latest Microsoft, Bios, Firmware, driver and anti-virus updates and application presence and usage.
- 10% Maintain a complete inventory of hardware (desktop and laptop computers, wireless devices, printers and phones). Coordinate with HHS to asset tag all CHC new equipment assets and work with HHS to decommission old equipment.
- 5% Research hardware and software product availability, pricing and specifications.
- Assist in obtaining and preparing data for decision-making, planning and evaluation.
- Prepare appropriate use knowledge and good documentation process.
- Plan and organize the process for related workstation projects including computers/printers/projectors/fax/ Mobility upgrades and software rollouts.
- Other duties may be assigned
Reports to Position Title: Manager Service Desk
Employees Supervised Titles: N/A
- Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: High School degree, GED or equivalent
- ITIL certification or obtained within 6 months of employment.
- A+ , Network+ Certification Preferred
Work Experience (Years and Area):
- 3 + years in computer desktop support experience
Management Experience (Years and Area): N/A
Software Proficiencies: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Other: Some late nights and weekends required for system upgrades and special projects.
- Problem Analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Above Average Verbal
- Writing /Composing