Controller - 153413
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The Controller stands accountable for the day to day operations of Community's accounting functions. The Controller owns the monthly financial close process, production of internal financial statements and notes, balance sheet reconciliation, and the preparation and filing of regulatory reports for HHSC, TDI and NAIC. The Controller also owns and coordinates all activities related to external audits, and oversees all banking related activities. In addition, the Controller maintains an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the companys reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with statutory reporting requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other Finance related field required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred but not required.
- Ten years of Accounting.Health Plan experience preferred.
- Five years managing a team and the monthly financial close process.
- Write cogently (includes editing of financial notes and reports)
- Research expertise (accounting treatments and regulatory requirements)
- Microsoft Office expert level
- PeopleSoft Experience preferred
- Blackline Experience Preferred
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.