Director Business Development - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Director of Business Development will develop the strategic vision for market growth and client relations using marketing knowledge and sales and distribution technical skills for Community Health Choice programs. The Director is responsible for ensuring that all sales objectives are met or exceeded, while providing direction and recommendations for program optimization that grow and evolve programs and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Valid State Health and Life Insurance License/preferred
- Six years of individual health insurance or small group employer market
- Four years of leadership and relationship management preferably in a sales environment with strong oral and written communication abilities. Solid analytical skills.
- Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports )
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
- Managed Care experienxe in Texas or simiilar market
- Product experience in Medicaid, Marketplace, Commercial or Medicare, growth development.