Director, Employee Relations & Diversity,Engagement and Inclusion (DEI) - 154751
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women.
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The Director, Employee Relations & DEI will provide leadership, direction and operational guidance for the Employee Relations, Labor Relations and Diversity and Inclusion functions in the market. Develop and implement best in class Employee Relations programs, support and continuously identify solutions that mitigate employment legal risks. Partner closely with Corporate Counsel and maintain legal compliance as well as use data to identify trends and recommend interventions. Lead the market's labor relations strategy in partnership with Harris Health and the CHRO. Develop, lead and drive a diversity and inclusion strategy and programs to enhance the employee experience. Provide timely and appropriate coaching and feedback and is a role model to team members. Provide leadership, development and guidance to direct reports. Create a work environment that fosters respect, positive morale, and high employee engagement. Consistently maintain a level of communication and execution aligned with the core values and mission of the market.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Seven years of experience in human resources or employee relations with at least five years of experience directly managing complex employee relations matters and investigations
- Five years of experience in a people management/leadership role preferred
- Experience in Diversity and Inclusion space is highly preferred
- Experience and knowledge of best practices in conducting workplace investigations.
- Knowledge and familiarity with state and federal employment laws and regulations
Benefits and EEOC
Community employees’ benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.