Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Director, Procurement is responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective procurement function for Community Health Choice, in accordance with an approved purchasing manual. Oversees department operating procedures and key performance indicators to ensure department's operating effectiveness. The Director leads and guides interested Community departments in procuring items and services for the Company and for managing the contract development. The Director Coordinates with other department leaders, such as Legal, who manage key components of the purchasing process (e.g. Legal). Manages a team responsible for assisting interested Community departments in procuring items and services for the Company and managing the contract development.
The Director will oversee performance of the competitive bid/Request for Proposal (RFP)/Competitive Sealed Proposal (CSP)/Request for Qualifications (RFQ) procedure. The Director will ensure their Team is knowledgeable of all rules and regulations governing each purchasing process utilized by Community. The Director ensures their Team provides leadership, advisory, and analytical services to the interested Community departments from the solicitation to the acquisition process. The Director oversees the contracting process and ensures Community standards are implemented into each vendor contract including ensuring appropriate Service Level Agreements (SLAs), penalties, tracking, and reporting mechanisms are contractually guaranteed.
The Director will oversee operational relationship management and oversight between Community and assigned third party Service Providers. The Director directly assists interested Community departments in ensuring that the overall services and the service levels for outsourced services/functions are maintained and continually improved, and that any issues with the day-to-day delivery of services provided by the Service Provider are minimized. Develops and implements communication programs in support of the sourcing relationship.
- BA/BS required; Advanced degree preferred (MBA, JD, etc); Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO), NIGP CPP Certification, Certified Professional Contracts Professional (CPCM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or other professional procurement certification/designation preferred;
- Eight years of purchasing, procurement, and/or vendor management experience
- Five years of metrics driven performance management in a purchasing, procurement, and/or vendor management context preferably in health care
- Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports)
- Medical Terminology
- Ability to interpret contractual obligations, understand compliance implications, develop reporting for service level and contractual obligations for monitoring purposes.