Employee Relations Manager
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
- Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
- Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
- Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS MANAGER
JOB SUMMARY: Provide leadership, direction and support for the Employee Relations and Labor Relations matter for Community Health Choice (CHC). Develop and implement best in class Employee Relations programs, support and continuously identify solutions that mitigate employment legal risks. Partner closely with Director, Human Resources, Corporate Counsel maintain legal compliance for all employment related matters as well as use data to identify trends and recommend interventions. Lead the market's labor relations strategy in partnership with Harris Health and the Director, Human Resources and Chief Human Resources Officer. Manager a team of Employee Relations professionals dedicated to providing to identifying, addressing and remediate employee concerns in partnership with leadership. Provide timely and appropriate coaching and feedback and is a role model to team members. Provide leadership, development and guidance to direct reports. Create a work environment that fosters respect, positive morale, and high employee engagement. Consistently maintain a level of communication and execution aligned with the core values and mission of the market.
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field. Masters degree preferred
Work Experience (Years and Area): 4 - 6 years of experience in human resources or employee relations with at least 3 years of experience directly managing complex employee relations matters and investigations
Management Experience (Years and Area): 3 years of experience in a people management/leadership role preferred
Software Operated: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Experience in Diversity and Inclusion space is highly preferred
Experience and knowledge of best practices in conducting workplace investigations. Knowledge and familiarity with state and federal employment laws and regulations
- Bachelors Degree Major: Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field
- Masters Degree Major: Preferred
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Human Resources Officer