Employee Relations Partner - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: The Employee Relations Partner provides guidance and support to resolve employee relations concerns along with developing and sustaining strong relationships with managers to identify trends and issues impacting employee relations at Community Health Choice. This role investigates complaints and assists with fact finding and gathering position statements, providing support and facilitating resolution of ER/EEO issues related to progressive discipline. The Employee Relations Partner operates as a subject matter expert to provide for both hands-on and strategic investigative and employee relations expertise to Community's workforce.
- Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field
- Work Experience (Years and Area):
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience in the areas of employee relations, internal investigations, conflict resolution, grievance handling, employment law, disciplinary actions and related matters
- Software Operated:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Other Requirements:
- Knowledge/exposure to/understanding of: Title VII, ADAA, FMLA, ADEA, EPA, federal, state and local laws, statutes, which govern employment policies and practices
- Excellent consultation skills and the ability to seek out information and work effectively with all levels of employees within the organization
- Ability to learn new software is needed
- Thorough understanding and application of internal and external HR principles, concepts, practices and standards
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills must be an articulate and persuasive communicator
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Writing /Composing: Correspondence / Reports
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Research, MS Word, MS Excel
3. Advanced Education:
- Bachelors Degree Major: Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field
4. Work Schedule: Flexible