Financial Analyst I - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: The Financial Analyst I participates in all aspects of operational and capital budgets, assists senior management in the long-term financial planning process, develops financial pro-formas, and provides in-depth analysis of primary drivers of volume, revenue, and expense. Duties also include routine and ad hoc reporting. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills and be capable of communicating with various levels of management.
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelors degree in accounting or finance, economics, business administration (major in finance), or related discipline.
Work Experience: One to Two (1-2) years experience in financial analysis and decision support required, preferably in a healthcare environment.
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Bilingual Skills Preferred No
Writing /Composing Correspondence /Reports
2. Other Skills:
P.C MS Word MS Excel MS Access
3. Advanced Education: Bachelor's Degree Major: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related discipline.
4. Work Schedule: Flexible
5. Other Requirements: Knowledge of HHSC State, Medicare/ Medicaid, and other external regulatory agencies. Proficient with budgeting, planning, financial statistical reporting, data analytics and manipulation of multiple databases is required. Knowledge of benchmark analysis, medical cost reporting, IBNR, claims lag, and delivery of healthcare insurance services. Ability to analyze, reports, and develop recommendations. Strong modelling and forecasting skills.. Attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and meet deliverables. Problem solving skills. Customer service skills. Proficient in all MS Office applications; demonstrated advanced functionality of Excel and Access. Knowledge of QNXT and SQL preferred.