Internal Audit Senior Auditor - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing operating effectiveness testing for internal controls over financial reporting and performing audits of compliance, reporting, and operational areas as assigned. Reports directly and works closely with the Internal Audit Manager on internal control issues throughout the organization, including assistance with the annual risk assessment and annual audit plan..
- Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other financial degree.
- Certified Internal Auditor and/or Certified Public Accountant designation preferred with a commitment to complete certification within eighteen (18) months of employment.
- Work Experience:
- At least three years (3) in Internal or External Audit.
- Software Operated:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Please be advised: Effective Wednesday, September 1st, 2021, with the exception of those who receive an approved exemption, all new hires must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by the second Friday of employment.
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Writing /Composing (Correspondence/Reports)
Analytical, CRT, Mathematics, Medical Terms, Research, Statistical, Word Processing, P.C., MS Word, MS Excel
Other Requirements: Abide to the Code of Ethics of the Institute of Internal Auditors and the International Standards for the Practice of Internal Auditing.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Supervisor/Manager
EMPLOYEE SUPERVISED: None