Lead Healthcare Marketing Communications Strategist
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Lead Marketing Communications Strategist (LMCS) is tasked with uniting Community Health Choices messaging and voice of internal and external marketing communications through technical writing expertise. The LMCS develops comprehensive enterprise-wide communication strategies for all Lines of Business (LOB) and the internal brand to advance Community Health Choices mission and purpose, and to maximize membership growth and retention, and to support employee engagement. The LMCS leads the yearly strategic planning effort, defines goals and objectives, tailors communication approaches to desired outcomes, develops the reporting strategy by determining measures of success, and monitors and reports on results. The LMCS supports member, potential member, and employee engagement initiatives, and executes and oversees executions of project plan. Ensures communication strategy is consistent, reflects the organization's strategic vision, and aligns with marketing strategy. Oversees communication workstream(s) for all LOBs, including communication from our delegates to ensure they are aligned with our overall communications and marketing strategy. This role functions as a team lead and leadership duties include mentorship, training, team development of lower level staff, oversight of project timelines, work quality reviews, and project prioritization.
- Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelors Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, or Communications Field.
- Work Experience (Years and Area): Requires 8+ years of directly related experience.
- Management Experience (Years and Area): 3+ years of supervisor experience.
- Software Operated: Must be computer literate with strong Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook acumen.
- Communication Skills:
- Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
- Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
- Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports)
- Technical Writing
- Other Skills:
- MS Word
- MS Excel