Life Services Community Representative - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
Designs, implements, the social determinant programs, including tracking metrics to measure the program¿s outcomes and coordinating the life coaching efforts of their assigned clients. The Life Services Community Representative is comfortable working with underserved populations, assists with creating partnership and relationships to address barriers members face, and develops strong working relationships with community-based organizations that serve Community Health Choice members.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Undergraduate degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Education or related degrees in Behavioral Science disciplines. Four years of full-time experience with underserved populations in lieu of an undergraduate degree.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 1 year of related experience preferred.
3. Software Operated: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Writing /Composing:Correspondence / Report
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Research, Statistical
3. Advanced Education:
Bachelor's Degree Major: Social Work or Psychology, Counseling, Education or related Behavioral Science disciplines
4. Work Schedule: Flexible