Manager, Employee Relations - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
Provide leadership, direction and support for the Employee Relations and Labor Relations matter for Community Health Choice (CHC). Develop and implement best in class Employee Relations programs, support and continuously identify solutions that mitigate employment legal risks. Partner closely with Director, Human Resources, Corporate Counsel maintain legal compliance for all employment related matters as well as use data to identify trends and recommend interventions. Lead the market¿s labor relations strategy in partnership with Harris Health and the Director, Human Resources and Chief Human Resources Officer. Manager a team of Employee Relations professionals dedicated to providing to identifying, addressing and remediate employee concerns in partnership with leadership. Provide timely and appropriate coaching and feedback and is a role model to team members. Provide leadership, development and guidance to direct reports. Create a work environment that fosters respect, positive morale, and high employee engagement. Consistently maintain a level of communication and execution aligned with the core values and mission of the market.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field.
- Master's degree preferred
2. Work Experience (Years and Area):
- 5-7 years of experience in human resources or employee relations with at least 3 years of experience directly managing complex employee relations matters and investigations
3. Management Experience (Years and Area):
- 3 years of experience in a people management/leadership role preferred
4. Software Operated: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
5. Other Requirements:
a. Experience in Diversity and Inclusion space is highly preferred
b. Experience and knowledge of best practices in conducting workplace investigations. Knowledge and familiarity with state and federal employment laws and regulations
TYPICAL DUTIES THAT MAY BE PERFORMED: (list all duties requiring 20% or more of time on an average week)
1. Develop and oversee strategic a comprehensive and robust Employee Relations strategy for the entire market. Strategically align and partner with HR Business Partners, HR Centers of Excellence (COE) and internal/external corporate counsel.
2. Proactively lead team to identify risks, diffuse issues, deliver employee and management consultation, conduct investigations, and resolve issues as needed.
3. Advise, guide and coach leaders to navigate the complexities of managing teams, performance management, career development, and conflict resolution. Conduct focus groups with employees and leaders to keep a pulse on employee engagement. Analyze results to prepare, present, and drive clear action plans for improvement at facilities and across a business unit.
4. Maintain positive business relationships with key senior leaders by ensuring that all employee relations matters are addressed in a comprehensive, collaborative and timely manner.
5. Manage and resolve senior level and highly complex performance management, employee relations and legal matters.
6. Drive and lead effective tracking and documentation practices of Employee Relations data to help identify emerging trends and insights regarding employee matters.
7. Develop, update and maintain all HR Policies and Procedures and Employee Handbook.
8. Develop and oversee employee grievance process and prepare responses to all administrative charges including EEOC or other federal/state agencies in partnership with Corporate Counsel and the CHRO.
9. Develop and lead employee support programs such as: Leave Administration, Workers¿ Compensation, ADA/Reasonable Accommodation Programs, Immigration Management and the Return-to-Work Initiative (in response to any pandemic).
10. Coordinate and complete all government-related requirements such as Affirmative Action Plan in accordance with the OFCCP and EEOC.
11. Drive the development and implementation of the company¿s employee labor relations strategy with the Director, Human Resources.
12. Closely partner with the Harris Health with contract interpretation, arbitration preparation, grievance procedures and the union performance appraisal system when needed.
13. Develop and foster a mutually beneficial environment for all union employees and the union. Ensure the market¿s compliance with Federal and State standards and contractual obligations.
14. Other duties as assigned.