Manager Outreach & Community Engagement - Community Health Choice (Beaumont)
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager, Outreach & Community Engagement will be responsible for managing the day to day operations oversight of the community outreach team including hiring, training, developing, coaching and mentoring. The Manager regularly reviews key performance indicators to ensure team performance contributes to overall company enrollment growth, while providing clear direction and intermittent steps to achieve success. The Manager works closely with the Director of Outreach & Community Engagement to develop and execute the enrollment growth strategy for all product lines. The Manager demonstrates thorough understanding of CHC product lines, STAR (Medicaid), CHIP, Marketplace, and DSNP.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): Five (5) years in a managed care organization or community based organization required. Must include experience in Medicaid, CHIP, Marketplace, DSNP, or other governmental programs.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): Two (2) years of supervisory or management experience.
4. Software Operated: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (Check Applicable Areas)
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Bilingual Skills Required? No
Writing /Composing Yes (Correspondence/ Reports
2. Other Skills: PC MS Word MS Excel
Bachelor's Degree Major: Bachelor's in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field required
3. Work Schedule:
Weekends Holidays Flexible
4. Other Requirements: Must obtain Group Insurance License within 90 days of employment. Strong leadership skills and ability to drive sales and/or outreach team.
Strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple and competing priorities. High degree of independent decision making and creative problem solving capability. Strong negotiation skills and customer focused. Spanish preferred
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director