Manager, Procurement - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
Responsible for assisting interested Community departments in procuring items and services for the Company and for managing the contract development. The Manager will ensure performance of the competitive bid/Request for Proposal (RFP)/Competitive Sealed Proposal (CSP)/Request for Qualifications (RFQ) procedure. The Manager will be knowledgeable of all rules and regulations governing each purchasing process utilized by Community. The Manager provides leadership, advisory, and analytical services to the interested Community departments from the solicitation to the acquisition process. The Manager oversees the contracting process and ensures Community standards are implemented into each vendor contract including ensuring appropriate Service Level Agreements (SLAs), penalties, tracking, and reporting mechanisms are contractually guaranteed.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: BA/BS required; Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO), NIGP ¿ CPP Certification, Certified Professional Contracts Professional (CPCM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or other professional procurement certification/designation preferred;
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 6 years of purchasing, procurement, and/or vendor management experience
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): 3 or more years of metrics driven performance management in a purchasing, procurement, and/or vendor management context preferably in health insurance
4. Equipment Operated: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (Check Applicable Areas)
1. Communication Skills:
Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports )
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Medical Terminology, Research, MS Word, MS Excel
3. Advanced Education:
Bachelor's Degree Major:BA/BS required
4. Work Schedule: Flexible
5. Other Requirements: Ability to interpret contractual obligations, understand compliance implications, develop reporting for service level and contractual obligations for monitoring purposes.