Sales Rep - Medicare Inside - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: The Medicare Inside Sales Representative sells Medicare related products and services through inbound calls and leads consulting with customers on their insurance needs and match the correct coverages, products, and benefits to convert leads into customers using approved governmental guidelines. The Inside Sales Representative maintains effective customer relations, identifies opportunities for growth, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit targets.
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: HS diploma required, college degree preferred, Texas Life and Health Insurance License required, Multi-lingual preferred (Chinese/Cantonese/Vietnamese/Spanish)
Work Experience (Years and Area): One (1) year selling Medicare Advantage products via telesales or field sales
Working Independently Ability to build community relationships, produce self-generated sales, while meeting sales goals and metrics
Software Operated: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Bilingual Skills: Languages: Multi-lingual preferred (Chinese/Cantonese/Vietnamese/Spanish)
Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports )
2. Other Skills:
3. Advanced Education: Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred
4. Work Schedule: Weekends, Holidays, Flexible, Travel
5. Other Requirements:
Must possess a valid Texas drivers license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance. Must live within a commutable distance of the assigned territory and be willing to travel 60% or more of the time. Mileage reimbursed.
Strong presentation skills to present to a group or an individual.
Basic public relation and event planning proficiency.
Ability to convert general interest to a lead, and a lead to a sale / convert general interest to a grassroots provider or community center into an opportunity.
Ability to develop self-generated lead opportunities.
Ability to expand sales efforts across multiple products as appropriate.
Ability to develop a territory, manage contacts, and exercise long-term vision approach; knowledge of marketing strategy, Value Proposition