Sr. Human Resources Project Specialist - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The Senior HR Project Specialist, plays a key role in the delivery of our business and people strategies. The Senior HR Project Specialist reports to the Chief HR/Administrative Officer and performs highly diverse and complex administrative functions. These include, but are not limited to, planning of complex in-person, hybrid, and remote meetings and providing administrative oversight of CHRO calendar. Proactively reviews schedules, events, and needs of the managers/team, anticipating conflicts and takes appropriate steps to resolve. In addition, the Senior HR Project Specialist is responsible for overseeing assigned HR projects to ensure successful project completion. Projects may be related to system or process changes, organizational initiatives, or cyclical HR activities. The incumbent must be able to demonstrate a high level of initiative and drive action by closely collaborating and communicating with project team members and stakeholders.
The required profile is a dynamic, performance driven, well-organized and flexible individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Given the sensitive nature of the job scope, extreme confidentiality, discretion, and attention to detail by the incumbent is required.
Critical to this position is the ability to be innovative with proactive problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and ambiguous situations. The position will work cross-functionally and collaboratively within HR, Payroll, and the Total Rewards teams. Various functions of the role will include HRIS data entry, policy deployment, compliance, and project management.
- High School diploma. Bachelors preferred.
- Five years of program coordination, project management, and/or process improvement experience working in a complex HR organization. Experience working with dynamic, teams and/or Human Resources processes is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with staff, leadership and external customers on behalf of the CHRAO.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and role components.
- Candidates must possess strong interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of management internally and externally.
- Strong communication skills including excellent verbal and written skills with minimal supervision required.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality, discretion, and good judgment.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail and superior follow-up skills are a requirement.
- Proven skills in balancing competing demands and requests by taking initiative to adjust or change priorities.
- Ability to work independently and proactively while interacting with high level external and internal contacts and be able to handle exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems with excellent judgment.
- Experience and strong comfort level with presenting and facilitating to groups.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications: Word, Excel (complex worksheets), PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Teams, and SharePoint super user a plus.
- A keen ability to anticipate the needs of the leadership.
- Exhibits sound, good judgment and critical thinking skills.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 162234