Sr Leadership Development Specialist - Community Health Choice
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Leadership Development Specialist will design, develop, deliver, and evaluate strategic Leadership Development programs. This includes Leadership training, assessments in support of Community Health Choice capabilities and culture, strategic deployment priorities, current and future leadership development needs with a focus on enterprise goal alignment, automation of the programs, and a high-quality learner experience.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor's degree. Experience in corporate training, management, HR, communications, business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): Minimum (2) two years of experience developing and delivering strategic companywide leadership learning initiatives/programs and project management.
Experience in instructional design processes to ensure the cost-effective creation, implementation and continual improvement of leadership programs.
Expertise in running surveys, focus groups or interviews.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): Minimum of (1) year project management of companywide learning programs.
4. Software Operated: Skilled with standard course creation authoring tools (Articulate, Camtasia, and/or Captivate)
Skilled with basic LMS administration (Cornerstone, SABA, etc.)
Complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management software.
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking)
Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports )
2. Other Skills: Design , Research, Statistical, MS Word, MS Excel
3. Advanced Education: Bachelor's Degree
4. Work Schedule: Flexible