STAR+PLUS Community Outreach & Engagement Coordinator
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Community Health Choice (HMO D-SNP), a Medicare Advantage Dual Special Needs plan for people with both Medicare and Medicaid that combines Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and Medicaid benefits with additional health benefits like dental, vision, transportation, and more.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
Responsible for coordinating and scheduling activities for the Outreach and Engagement team. Assist in establishing and sustaining relationships with community-based organizations to expand resources and increase brand recognition throughout the service delivery area. Responsible for tracking and maintaining promotional items, and educational and marketing materials, that impact all lines of community business.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Responsible for completing monthly Outreach and Sponsorship calendars and maintaining updates as needed. Research Communitys SDA for additional community events as needed.
- Ensure all required mailings are completed and all marketing changes to materials are completed by the required date.- adhering to federal and state regulations.
- Assist with projects as requested, meeting deadlines and budgetary constraints
- Work with staff to coordinate Department Member Events and Weekend activities including payments, venue, set-up, correspondences, and volunteer coordination.
- Complete cross functional engagement to meet Community goals, working closely with Outreach, Member Services, Sales, and Marketing.
- Actively contributes to the achievement of departmental goals, as identified in the Departments annual goals, including specific departmental process improvement plans.
- Demonstrates Harris Health and Community Health Choice values, including trust, integrity, mutual respect, diversity, responsiveness, and caring service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Associate Degree required.
- Work Experience (Years and Area): 2 + years in Outreach/Marketing
- STARPLUS Experience Required.
- Management Experience (Years and Area): NA
- Software Proficiencies: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook, Databases