Utilization Management Nurse/RN
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 70 hospitals, Community serves over 260,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
Skills / Requirements
The UM RN will perform utilization review of Community members requiring authorization for health services. The UM RN will help ensure proper data entry of authorization in the managed care platform, and initiate the approval process for requested services/treatments utilizing nationally recognized evidenced based clinical criteria and/or internal policies, protocols, and procedures. The UM RN will screen and review clinical information for the most appropriate service areas within Community; making referrals to high risk perinatal team, complex case management and disease management. The UM RN will work closely with the Medical Directors and refer requests that do not meet medical necessity criteria. The UM RN has heavy telephonic and facsimile contact with providers and their representatives. The UM RN will be responsible for meeting required performance and quality metrics within established timelines. Telecommuter opportunity after successfully meeting performance goals.
- Required current RN (ADN or BSN), unrestricted license in the state of Texas
- Prefer 3-5 years clinical experience in an acute care setting.
- Prefer at least one year of utilization review experience in a managed care environment.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional Verbal and written
- Analytical, Mathematics, Medical Terms, MS Word, MS Excel
- CCM preferred
- Able to work independently under general instructions and working within a team environment, Able to apply the nursing process and use critical thinking.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 166016